Monday, March 21, 2011

Espresso Chocolate Chip

Espresso is one of my new found loves. I used to hate anything that had the slightest hint of any coffee flavor, now I love it...though I still don't like it plain :)

Here are some fabulous chocolate chip cookies for all you fellow espresso lovers.


The recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips but I thought it would be great with a little white chocolate. So I substituted half the semi-sweet for the white. Kinda like a white chocolate mocha, right?


gooey goodness


Here is the recipe for you:
7oz sugar
7.5 oz brown sugar
8oz butter
1oz ground espresso
2 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
15.5oz flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in small bowl, set aside.
2. Cream sugars, espresso, and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl well after each addition.
4. Beat in vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
6. Mix in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 12-14 min, rotating halfway through.
Let cool, eat, and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment