Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie

 
 
When I was younger and would go to visit my Grandma Carrie, I remember her most delicious lemon meringue pie. In my memory it was always there. Though, in reality, it was most likely just for special occasions. As the years went by, and Grandma got older, we saw the pie, less and less. One of my regrets in life is not asking her to show me how to make her wonderful pie.
 
So I vowed to conquer the pie! To find her recipe and master it. I got her recipe from my aunt and lets just say my first attempt didn't go so well. It was more like lemon meringue soup....Maybe she had tweaked her method? Maybe she had changed something and never changed it in the recipe? I had to figure it out! So with some tweaking of my own (just the method-not the ingredients!) and on attempt number three (third times the charm right?), I got it!!!
 
Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie in all it's glory
 


It's amazing how a taste can bring back memories. If I just closed my eyes I was back at Grandma's house sitting at the table, eating the pie right there
 


No comments:

Post a Comment